Argentine Red Shrimp
These shrimp cook very fast, usually half the cooking time of regular shrimp. If overcooked they become too soft. Be careful NOT to OVER COOK.
- If desired, add salt, celery, bay leaf or other seasonings to water before boiling.
- Place frozen shrimp into boiling water and simmer for approximately 2-3 1/2 Minutes.
- If serving chilled, immediately submerge shrimp into a bowl of ice for 2 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Drain for 2 minutes before serving.
- Heat butter or oil in a skillet
- Add thawed shrimp, desired seasonings, garlic, herbs and/or vegetables, then sauté for approximately 1 - 2 1/2 minutes.
- If using lemon juice, wine or sauce, add during the last minute of cooking.
- Season or marinate thawed shrimp as desired, then place shrimp on a hot grill for approximately 2 -3 1/2 minutes
- Turn shrimp over halfway through cooking time.